Access to Care
Behavioral Support Services utilizes an Access to Care (ATC) model to customize and coordinate care services for our therapy, psychiatry, targeted case management, and psychosocial rehabilitation services. This innovative model of care is a clinically focused and educational assessment access point for clinical services. ATC provides a coordinated, systematic and effective way to respond to the needs of clients, managed care organizations, employers, and third-party payers. The ATC model also provides a centralized system for referral sources for clients to easily access our wide range of clinical care services. Clinical and financial triage and assessment procedures run concurrently to ensure financial resources do not become a barrier to care, but rather a factor in determining how to best service each client’s needs.
Targeted Case Management
One reason BSS is unique is through our Targeted Case Management (TCM) program. The purpose behind TCM is to assist clients in gaining access to needed medical, social, educational, and other services. Our primary goal is to optimize the functioning of clients who have complex needs by coordinating the provision of quality treatment and support services in the most efficient and effective manner. Services should accurately reflect the individual needs, goals, and abilities of each client. Case management activities may also include identifying and investigating available resources, explaining options to the client, and linking them with necessary resources. Specific documentation of the delivery of mental health case management service must include a description of the activity. Services are provided to assist in an effective transition in living arrangements consistent with the client’s welfare and development.
These resources are determined according to the unique needs of the individual and family rather than a standardized procedure which may not take key elements of a client’s personal history into account. Some of the functions provided in Targeted Case Management include:
- Accessing Medical Care (PCP, Psychiatric, Neurology, etc.)
- Coordinating Educational and Social Services (tutoring, mentoring, etc.)
- Vocational Assistance
- Housing (emergency shelters, affordable housing, etc.)
- Food and Clothing
- Emergency Funding
Get In Touch
Behavioral Health Services & Therapy
Our mental health team takes the time to evaluate and understand each client’s psychological, social, medical, and vocational needs. Individuals and families are able to make positive changes as a result of gaining insight into problems and this is achieved in a variety of ways:
- Individual and Family Therapy: Individual and family therapy services include the provision of insight oriented, cognitive behavioral or supportive therapy interventions to an individual recipient or a recipient’s family. Individual and family therapy may involve the recipient, the recipient’s family without the recipient present, or a combination of therapy with the recipient and the recipient’s family. The focus or primary beneficiary of individual and family therapy services will always be the recipient.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy services include the provision of cognitive behavioral, or supportive therapy interventions to an individual recipient or the recipient’s family. In addition to counseling, group therapy services to recipient families or other responsible persons include educating, the sharing of clinical information, and guidance on how to assist the recipient.
- TBOS (Therapeutic Behavioral On-site Services): Therapeutic behavioral on-site services are intended to prevent recipients who have complex needs from requiring placement in a more intensive, restrictive behavioral health setting. Therapeutic behavioral on-site services are intended to maintain the recipient in the home (permanent or foster). Services are limited to recipients under the age of 21 years meeting specific eligibility criteria.
Reach Out Today
Psychiatric Services is an outpatient psychiatric clinic that provides behavioral health services to children, adolescents and adults. These services are designed to promote mental health and improve functioning, and effectively decrease the prevalence and incidence of mental illness, emotional disturbance, and social dysfunction.
Our treatment approach includes medication evaluation and management. The psychiatric services team also provides medication education, while providing education and community support regarding the patient’s mental health condition. Treatment is goal-oriented, using approaches that are supported by clinical research and focused on symptom relief and overall wellness.
Get In Touch
Our highly qualified therapists focus on reducing or stopping substance use, skill building, adherence to a recovery plan, and social, family, and professional/educational outcomes. Counseling is an essential part of substance use treatment for individuals. BSS utilizes a combination of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Enhancement therapy and 12-step facilitation.
- CBT teaches individuals in treatment to recognize and stop negative patterns of thinking and behavior.
- Motivational enhancement therapy helps people with substance use disorders to build motivation and commit to specific plans to engage in treatment and seek recovery. It is often used early in the process to engage people in treatment.
- 12-step facilitation therapy seeks to guide and support engagement in 12-step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics.
Behavioral Support Services does not provide Substance Use Pharmacology in aid in the process of detoxification.
Reach Out Today