What does BSS stand for?

Behavioral Support Services, Inc.

What does ATC stand for?

Access to Care

What does MH stand for?

Mental Health

What does TCM stand for?

Targeted Case Management

What does PSR stand for?

Psychosocial Rehabilitation Therapy

Where are you located?

Our administrative, psychiatry, and some therapy offices are located at 801 Douglas Ave., Altamonte Springs, FL 32714.

How can I make an appointment?

You can call 407-830-6412 ext. 603 or email accesstocare@bssorlando.com to reach a member of our Access to Care Team to schedule an appointment.

I missed my appointment how can I reschedule?

If you missed your initial assessment please call us at 407-830-6412 ext. 603 to reschedule. If you have missed an appointment with the Doctors’ office please call 407-830-6412 ext. 101. All other appointments should be rescheduled directly with your service providers.

What insurances do you accept?

We accept most Medicaid and Healthy Kids insurance, Title 21 and 19, as well as some commercial providers including: United Health, Florida Health Care Plans, and Florida Hospital Care Plans. You can always call the back of your insurance card to see if we are an in network provider.

Who do I call if I have a question about insurance?

Our Access to Care department can answer these questions. Please call 407-830-6412 ext.603.

I have never received services before, what should I expect?

First all recipients must have an assessment completed by one of our licensed care staff. The staff will complete an interview with you that takes about an hour to an hour and half. This helps the team identify your needs and how we can best support you. The assessor will recommend services based on medical necessity. Once you confirmed the services with your assessor you will be signed a practitioner within a week to two weeks when services will begin.

If I don’t have insurance, what would the cost be?

Our private pay rates vary based on needs. Access to Care can provide fee rates or help coordinate with you on low cost services. Please call 407-830-6412 ext. 603. We do not have a sliding scale, but can offer discounted prices to self-pay recipients.

Do I need a doctor to refer me or can I refer myself (or my child)?

We accept referrals from several sources. You can refer yourself or by a parent, a school counselor, physician, the Department of Juvenile Justice, Department of Children and Families, Community Based Care of Central Florida, Children’s Medical Services, Agency for Persons with Disabilities, or Case Management Organizations.

How long does it take for an appointment?

Once a referral is received, an appointment for assessment of services happens within 48 hours. After initial assessment, client should have their first appointment for mental health therapy, within a week. Psychiatrist appointments can take up to two weeks, with the exception of severe cases that need to be seen sooner.

What should I bring to my first appointment?

For your initial assessment please bring government issued identification such as a state issues ID, Passport, or birth certificate and the recipient’s insurance card. If you have any additional information from doctors, teachers, community partners or past providers please bring that with you as well. The more information we have the best we can help you.

Do the services have to be at the office or can I see someone at home or school?

Our therapists can see you, or your child, at the location of your choosing. A majority of our therapy clients are seen in-home. However, psychiatry must be seen in our office.

I only need medication. What steps do I need to take?

Our psychiatric services department has a collaborative approach to wellness. First time clients must undergo an assessment before medication will be prescribed. Severe and persistent mentally ill clients on medications can have immediate medication access. We have a comprehensive approach to mental health, so we do not provide just medication management services. Our clients must be engaged in a second service.

How do I know if I qualify for targeted case management services?

You need to be a Medicaid recipient and have a current mental health diagnosis and require multiple services in the community that requires advocacy and coordination. Also if you are lacking basic needs such as food, financial assistance, clothing, furniture etc., targeted case management can assist in linking you to these resources.

Can my child get targeted case management services?

Yes, case management is for everyone; children and adults.

How can I request targeted case management?

Targeted case management is for anyone who needs help with accessing needs offered by different providers and requires help coordinating it. If you are not able to access and maintain consistent care, your case manager can assist you which will increase your level of functioning.

How do I know if my child and/or I can receive Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services?

You need to be 15 years or older and be diagnosed with one of the four major persistently ill diagnoses: Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective, Bipolar and Major Depression. Other diagnoses can be considered depending on the symptoms on a case by case scenario.

What is Psychosocial Rehabilitation?

Psychosocial Rehabilitation works with the clients on independent living skills, social skills, medication management and vocational skills.

What happens during Psychosocial Rehabilitation therapy?

Depending on the case and needs of the clients. It may include: mock interviews, creating budgets, social outings, and more. We also provide groups for those working on similar goals. Psychosocial Rehabilitation is most successful in a group setting with a curriculum. Most clients are encouraged to seek care in this setting.

Do you provide learning disability testing or other school cognitive testing?

No, we do not provide that diagnostic feature. Please ask your school guidance counselor for a local resource guide or contact your insurance provider. We also do not provide assessments with a purpose other than to initiate care with us.

How can I apply for a vacant position?

Identify what job you would like to apply for and send your resume to hr@bssorlando.com.

What jobs are available?

Opportunities are posted on the website in order to view all vacant positions.